Parker Ear Nose & Throat of Fairfield County offers a full range array of services to help you stay healthy and improve your life.
Hearing Loss and Hearing Devices:
- Comprehensive hearing diagnosis by highly experienced, licensed Audiologists
- Licensed Lyric hearing aid dispenser
- Full array of digital programmable hearing aids featuring the latest technology
- Assistive listening devices including phone amplifiers and FM systems
- Professional sound protection molds for musicians and custom swim molds
- Pillar Implants for snoring and mild to moderate Sleep Apnea to learn more about the Pliiar procedure)
- Surgery for Sleep Apnea (UPPP)
- Home Sleep Studies
- Disorders of the ear, nose & throat in children and adolescents
- Tonsil and adenoid removal
- Ear tubes
Nasal & Sinus Disorders:
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Turbinate Reduction for Allergies
- Ear Tubes
- Tonsil and Adenoid Removal
- Dr. Parker is using a new tonsillectomy technique that helps patients experience less pain, fewer post-surgical complications, and have a quicker recovery. The new procedure is called Thermal Fusion or tissue welding.
- Repair of the deviated nasal septum (Septoplasty)
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Sleep Apnea and Snoring Surgery
- Pillar Implants for snoring and sleep apnea
- Turbinate Coblation for Allergies
You can read more on this page about specific ailments.
- Ear Infection
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Hearing Loss
- Nasal Fractures
- Pediatric ENT Care
The inner ear serves two purposes: hearing and balance. There are mechanisms in the ear that inform the brain about your position, orientation in space and movement, and all times to keep you in balance. A false sensation of spinning or whirling, known as vertigo, can occur when the signal to the brain is blocked or misfires.
The ear is made up of three sections: the outer ear, middle ear, and inner ear. Each of these areas is susceptible to infections, which can be painful. Young children have a greater tendency to get earaches. While most ear pain resolves itself in a matter of days, you should get a physical examination to understand the type of infection, prevent it from spreading and obtain treatment to help alleviate the pain.
Hearing loss has a lot of different causes and manifestations. It can be sudden or gradual. It can occur in one ear or both ears. It can be temporary or permanent. It happens to people of all ages and is associated with the aging process. Before discussing causes and treatments for hearing loss, it is important to understand how hearing works.
There are a variety of sores that can occur in or around the mouth. Most are benign, but some may be indicative of cancer.
The nose serves three primary functions: to warm, humidify and filter air as it passes into the body. Breathing problems may impact one or multiple of these functions. Breathing problems can be temporary or chronic, mild or severe, but they usually increase with age.
Snoring is a noise produced during sleep that originates in the back of the throat or nose. Snoring occurs when the muscles in the back of the mouth, tongue, and throat relax while sleeping, which narrows or blocks the airway. Breathing causes your uvula (soft palate) to vibrate and knock against the back of the throat, resulting in the snoring sound.
Everyone experiences sore throats when they have a cold or flu. But there are other reasons for sore throats that may be symptomatic of more serious problems.
Head and Neck Cancers
Most head and neck cancers are relatively preventable since they are highly correlated with tobacco use and alcohol consumption. They are also generally curable if caught early. Symptoms to watch out for include pain swallowing, trouble breathing, ear pain, a lump in the neck that lasts longer than two weeks, a growth in the mouth and bleeding from the mouth, nose, or throat.
Oral cancers appear as red or white patches of mouth tissue or small ulcers that look like canker sores but are painless. Oral cancers usually form on the tongue or floor of the mouth, but can occur on any tissue in and around the mouth.