Which Hearing Aid Type Is Right for You?
How your doctor in Norwalk and New Canaan, CT, can help you counteract hearing loss
Have you been thinking about getting a hearing aid? The truth is, hearing loss is a common occurrence, especially as you get older. However, that doesn't mean you have to miss out on the sounds of everyday life and avoid social situations. With the help of Dr. Andrew J. Parker at Parker Ear, Nose & Throat in Norwalk and New Canaan, CT, you can find a wide range of hearing aid solutions. The only question is, which hearing aid type is right for you?
More about Hearing Aids
So, how do you know if you need a hearing aid? Some of the early signs and symptoms of hearing loss include:
- Hearing indistinct speech and sounds
- Difficulty distinguishing words from background noise
- Needing people to speak clearly and loudly
- Inability to pick out consonants in words
- Avoiding social situations because you can’t hear
Your ENT specialist will perform thorough testing to determine your level of hearing loss and whether a hearing aid will benefit you. If you need a hearing aid, your ENT specialist can help you decide which hearing aid is best for you, based on your lifestyle, budget, and other factors.
At Parker Ear, Nose & Throat, you can choose from several different hearing aid types, including:
- In-the-ear, which cover the entire outer portion of your ear
- In-the-canal, a less visible hearing aid which fits fully or partially into your ear canal
- Receiver-in-canal, which have a hearing aid speaker inside your ear canal
- Extended wear, which are placed inside your ear canal to be worn for months
- Middle ear implants, which are implanted behind your eardrum
To find out more about how hearing aids can help you, call Dr. Andrew J. Parker at Parker Ear, Nose & Throat in Norwalk and New Canaan, CT, today! Both offices can be reached at (203) 866-8121.