Hearing Loss and When to See Us
Could your changes in hearing be telling you that it’s time to visit an ear, nose and throat specialist?
Millions of Americans are dealing with some form of hearing loss. Whether it’s from years of playing in a band or working in a noisy environment, there are so many reasons why you may now be facing hearing loss. From the office of our Norwalk, Westport and New Canaan, CT ENT doctor, Dr. Andrew Parker, find out the telltale signs of hearing loss and when to see a medical professional about it.
Are you unsure whether you are dealing with hearing loss or not? Here are some common symptoms people with hearing loss experience:
- Having to turn up the volume on the TV or radio in order to hear it
- Having trouble understanding what people are saying, particularly in noisy environments
- Feeling as if other people’s voices are muffled or that they are mumbling
- Having to ask people to repeat themselves often
- Finding that you don’t engage in conversations as much as you would like because you can’t understand everything people around you are saying
If you find yourself nodding your head in agreement with most of these statements then it’s time you talked to our Norwalk, Westport and New Canaan ear, nose and throat specialist. If your hearing loss came on suddenly this definitely requires urgent medical attention. Of course, if you’ve started to notice these hearing issues gradually it’s also a good idea to come in and see what we can do for you. We can easily test your hearing and determine the cause and extent of the damage to help you decide which treatment options are right for you and your hearing.
Don’t let hearing loss affect your quality of life. You can get back into the conversation and enjoy talking with friends and family when you turn to our Norwalk, Westport and New Canaan, CT ENT office for care. Call Parker Ear Nose & Throat today!